Breaking News

Maina on the run for N2bn fruad

The beset ex-executive of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reforms, Abdulrasheed Maina, who has been blamed for complicity in a N2bn extortion, has sought refuge.


The criminal, who is still on the needed rundown of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission for the charged offense, remained in isolation not long after news that the counter join office had propelled a manhunt for him ended up plainly open.

One of our journalists accumulated that Maina, who had been restored as an acting chief in the Ministry of Interior, was to meet with yet to be distinguished people in his office yet obviously had a difference in heart since he was no place close to the workplace building when our columnist touched base at the workplace at 8.20am and at 2.00pm when he cleared out.

The workplace situated at the Old Secretariat in Area 1, comprises of a gathering, a holding up room before a monstrous entryway paving the way to the executive's office.

The gathering looked terrible while two young fellows in the holding up room fiddled with their telephones as they bantered in low tones. Endeavors to talk with the female secretary, who declined to give her name, bombed as she repelled all inquiries.

In light of enquiries about the whereabouts of her new manager, she snapped, "I don't know where he is."

A source, who addressed one of our reporters, in certainty due to the affectability of the issue, said Maina ventured out to Kano amid the end of the week and had offered arrangements to a few people to meet him at the workplace on Monday yet remained in isolation soon a short time later.

The source stated, "He intended to meet with a few guests in his office on Monday however for him to have prematurely ended the arrangement and turned off his telephones implied he had gone underground. He may not be seen for a little time."

It was learnt that the outlaw had in the course of the most recent couple of months held gatherings with a few gatherings and people as for his aspiration to challenge in the 2019 governorship race in his home territory of Borno.

"Maina has not concealed his political plans as he is known to communicate his aspiration on WhatsApp stage to his companions and partners," the source additionally clarified.

Nigeria's first hostile to unite office, the EFCC additionally said it was all the while hunting down Maina whom it announced needed around two years prior.

The EFCC Spokesman, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, who addressed one of our reporters around 8pm on Monday, said the commission was still on his trail.

He, in any case, expressed that the commission had denoted his homes in Abuja incorporating a house in Jabi said to be worth in regards to $2m.

Uwujaren stated, "Indeed, his properties were checked today. To the best of my insight, he has not yet been captured."

Another source inside the EFCC blamed a sister security organization, the Department of State Services, of protecting the suspect from capture.

The source said Maina was moving around town in an impenetrable Range Rover Sports Utility Vehicle and a few vehicles.

The source stated, "We have followed him to an inn in Kaduna where he went to spend the end of the week; we realize that the DSS is ensuring him and the DG DSS, conveyed men to secure him. However, no doubt about it, we will capture him, as of now we've solidified every one of his records."

Another source stated, "He remains in a property which is a DSS safe house. He moves around in a caravan of around a few vehicles. I for one observed him landing from a Range Rover SUV a week ago with around four DSS authorities."

The DSS, which does not have an official media relations officer, likewise reacted to EFCC's assertions through a source near it, the source tested the EFCC to help its cases with prove.

The DSS source stated, "There is no need reacting to outlandish claims in light of the fact that there was not at all like that. The two of us are doing same work, which is separated from making the nation safe from fake individuals, we likewise team up with each other in the zone of ordering of information on different things. This is the reason I'm astounded on this outlandish claim by an obscure individual. Anyway, that's it in a nutshell."

Remarking on the manhunt for the criminal, noticeable human rights legal counselor, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), approached the EFCC to force Dambazzau to create him.

Falana said since the clergyman had conceded that Maina was working under him, he should know his whereabouts.

He stated, "The affirmation on the ground is that he has stolen N100bn from benefits subsidize. It is the most pessimistic scenario of defilement. It is an unspeakable atrocity to occupy cash implied for retired people. Regardless of whether he was reestablished legitimately or not is diversionary. The inquiries ought to be when will government recoup the cash? At the point when will he be summoned?

"The EFCC ought to ask the individuals who reestablished him to deliver him. He is in a service and the clergyman has turned out to concede that he has been advanced."

A Lagos-based legal counselor, Mr. Jiti Ogunye, hailed the President for making a move yet noticed that Buhari did not have the ability to expel a government employee as it negates Rule 04102 of the Public Service Rules which gives that "the ability to reject and to practice disciplinary control over officers in the Federal Civil Service Commission is vested in the FCSC."

Ogunye, nonetheless, encouraged the President to sack all his political nominees that may have supported Maina.

Prior on Monday, President Muhammadu Buhari requested for Maina's quick withdrawal from the Federal Civil Service and coordinated the Head of Service, Mrs. Winifred Oyo-Ita, to outfit his office with a full provide details regarding the conditions of his review.

This was contained in a tweet by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, on his Twitter handle, @FemAdesina, on Monday.

Adesina tweeted, "PMB orders quick separation of Mr. Abdulrasheed Maina from benefit. Requests full write about conditions of his review."

In an announcement he later marked, Adesina cited the President as requesting that the full report ought to be submitted to his Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari, for forward transmission to him before the end of work on Monday.

One of our reporters assembled that Mrs. Oyo-Ita, who was in her home state for the internment of her nearby relative when the presidential request was offered, needed to surge back to take care of it.

An authority in her office told our journalist, "Madam isn't nearby. She is dispossessed; she lost her sister and the internment occurred this end of the week however she is discovering her way back to Abuja now."

In an announcement marked for her sake by an Assistant Director, Media Relations, in the workplace of the Head of Service, Mohammed Manga, the HoS asserted that Maina's restoration and ensuing posting did not start from her office.

The three-passage articulation read, "The consideration of the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation has been attracted to a few media reports that the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation has endorsed the restoration into the Federal Civil Service of Alhaji Abdulrasheed Abdullahi Maina and his resulting presenting on the Ministry of Interior.

"The Head of the Civil Service of the Federation wishes to advise the general population that the re-instatement and posting of Alhaji Abdulrasheed Abdullahi Maina never exuded from the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation.

"Thus, the indicated reestablishment and posting by the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation is absolutely wrong and deceiving."

Oyo-Ita's claim negates claims made by the Minister of Interior, Lt.- Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau (retd.), who had while clearing himself of complicity faulted the workplace of the HoS.

Dambazau had in an announcement on Sunday asserted that the needed man was presented on his service by the HoS a "couple of day back" to fill an opportunity.

No comments

Disclaimer opnion:information shared by visitors in the comment area display strictly the ideas of the individual and not the view of Wilmacomgist.